Saturday, October 18, 2008

Visiting Our Journey To Vernal

I woke up late today and given that I had forgotten to pack last night, this wasn't a good thing. I managed though. We (Dad, Mom, Sarah, Daniel, and Myself) piled into the little rental and began our journey.(The car, it was some ugly Chevy with no leg room but a fairly large trunk)

Our first stop was at my Uncle Clive's home in Ririe, Idaho. We stayed and talked for an hour or so, and met our cousin Diane and her daughter Jessie who is older than me. We then went to a hospital in Idaho Falls were my Aunt Joy was. We chatted with her for only a few minutes and met our cousin Kevin, who looks a lot like my dad. She was actually going to be released that day, and was looking pretty healthy!

We grabbed lunch and began our 6 hour drive to Vernal, Utah for the reception. I think that Dad and I were the only ones who were awake for the entire 6 hours. The scenery was amazing, as were the sandwiches, the incredibly slow drivers, and Dad's awesome passing skills. We made it to Vernal a few minutes late, but safe and sound!

I was really surprised to see familiar faces when I walked into the Cultural hall. Brent and Christie Smith had driven all the way up from Saratoga Springs to see us and congratulate Scott!! I can't believe how much their family has grown!

(Adorable!! I was so happy to see them!)

At the reception I met my mother's sister Ruth and her husband Mark. Two of their daughters were there with their families. I also met the rest of Cassie's family, and a bunch of cousins-in-law.(Scott managed to fit that entire piece in his mouth)

(I love this girl!)

After the reception, we headed to Salt Lake to a hotel near the airport. Dan met up with Heather at the hotel so they could spend the rest of the weekend together. We all lugged our things upstairs and slept wonderfully.

1 comment:

Starr said...

Best Wishes to the newlyweds!

Charlie Smith looks so grown up. It's awesome that Christie & Brent made it.